There’s just a little more than a week left to nominate for recognition local residents or organizations who have stepped up and made a difference in their community.
Each year, Livingston County United Way seeks nominations for one of Livingston County United Way’s Annual Volunteer Awards.
Nominations are needed for the following 5 Awards by January 27th:
• Charles W. Itsell Volunteer of the Year Award: an individual whose commitment to the Livingston County United Way and the health and human service needs of our community during the past yeargoes far “above and beyond” normal volunteerism. Brian Jonckheere, our county Drain Commissioner, was last year’s recipient.
• Donald Epley Lifetime Community Service Award: recognizes an individual who embraces volunteerism and service to the community as a way of life, is committed to the Livingston County United Way, and over the years has made a significant impact to, and contributed to the betterment of, those lives he or she has touched. Patti Griffith of Bank of Ann Arbor, was last year’s recipient.
• Young Person of Distinction Award: recognizes an area youth for outstanding service and leadership to his or her community, showing true selflessness and an overall sense of caring for others. Noah Shand, a freshman at Brighton High School, was recognized last year.
• Youth Organization of the Year Award: recognizes an area youth organization for outstanding service to their community, showing true selflessness and an overall sense of caring for others. Brighton High School Leadership Class was last year’s recipient.
• Randy Rudisill Business-of-the-Year Award: recognizes an area business that perpetuates Randy Rudisill’s strong commitment to community, reflecting a commitment to continuous improvement, people, hard work, customers, ethics, and profit. First Impression Print & Marketing of Howell, was the recipient last year.
To make a nomination, people can complete the application online at www.lcunitedway.org.
Recipients will be recognized at Livingston County United Way’s “Spirit of the Community” Annual Meeting, to be held on March 8, 2023 at Crystal Gardens in Howell.